Bitcoin Rust Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you believe in sovereignty, privacy, and freedom? Do you want to help Bitcoin and the decentralized Internet achieve widespread adoption?
At Foundation Devices, we are building the open hardware foundation for Bitcoin and the decentralized Internet, starting with our next-gen Passport hardware wallet. Passport offers a 10x leap in design and user experience, making it easier than ever to store your own keys.
We’ve begun shipping Passport to our customers and recently raised a seed round led by Bolt. We’re now ready to make our first hires to help us build a new ecosystem that we call sovereign computing. Our roadmap is aggressive, and we’ll be shipping new products every year.
We are seeking a Bitcoin software engineer who is proficient in Rust to work across our suite of products. You’ll have ownership over everything Bitcoin-related.
- Maintaining and implementing crypto libraries, such as libsecp256k1
- Maintaining and improving Bitcoin-related code in our firmware
- Building industry-leading multisig experiences
- Implementing the latest BIPs
- Adding support for Taproot and other future network upgrades
- Contribute to existing open source Rust crypto libraries
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of embedded systems development experience
- 2+ years of Rust experience
- Enthusiasm for Bitcoin and empowering people through decentralized technology is required
- Rust unit testing
- All your work will be open source under GPLv3 or other FOSS licenses
- Receive stock options as one of our first 10 employees
- Included healthcare, dental, and vision (if you’re in the USA)
- Contribute 20% of your time to other open source projects
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building the open hardware foundation for Bitcoin and the decentralized Internet.