Senior Security Engineer / Director of Security
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Swan is a Bitcoin-only company focused on Bitcoin education and onboarding, and we want to hire passionate Bitcoiners that want to work with a self-motivated, fully distributed startup team.
Swan is hiring a Senior Security Engineer with a path to Director of Security.
You’ll be working hands on with everything security related, from developing and auditing NodeJS code to ensuring best practices for security in AWS, to looking at internal tools and procedures. A strong background in at least one of the following is required, with a demonstrated ability and eagerness to learn, lead, and take ownership.
Here are some things that will help you succeed here:
- Deep knowledge of application security best practices
- AWS security principles, OWASP, CIS Benchmarks, etc
- Pen-testing / red-team experience and adversarial thinking
- If you geek out on everything security related and like working on a passionate team of Bitcoiners that only care about doing what’s right for Bitcoin, you’ll be at home here.
Here's a bit about our culture:
- We're a small team, and we're fully distributed across the world. Slack and video conferencing are huge here.
- Leadership is desired and encouraged. We're very flat and we love to hire people who care about the product as much as they do about the code.
- We're pragmatic and ship quickly, but we write good code, we cover with tests, and we refactor.
- We don't do lots of process, deadlines, and planning, but we do have a culture of high bandwidth communication, course correction, and real-time decision making.
- We are Bitcoiners through and through. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, produce content for the Swan Signal blog or live show, and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bitcoin investing made easy