NYDIG is a leading technology and financial services firm accelerating the Bitcoin future. We believe that Bitcoin is not just a new asset class but a potentially powerful force for good. NYDIG’s focus is two-fold. First, we aim to provide the best investor solution platform with the most sophisticated suite of products to corporations, asset managers, institutions, and other sophisticated investors. Second, we aim to democratize access by providing a technology platform capable of powering embedded bitcoin products and services for any financial institution. Our team is a group of proven innovators with deep domain expertise across finance and technology. We look for optimistic, passionate, low-ego, excellence-driven people who want to work together on creating impactful solutions. This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm innovating in an exciting and dynamic industry.
We are seeking a service-oriented DevOps Engineer with a passion for providing an exceptional environment for our software engineers to operate in. The ideal candidate has a strong working knowledge of cloud infrastructure and experience collaborating cross-functionally.
Our team is a group of proven innovators with deep domain expertise across finance and technology. We look for optimistic, passionate, low-ego, excellence-driven people who want to work together on creating impactful solutions. This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm innovating in an exciting and dynamic industry.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a Cloud focused DevOps engineering role
- Deep understanding and strong hands on experience with Terraform. We leverage Terraform and multiple-providers to manage all of our infrastructure and services.
- Experience working with containers and their schedulers. We are primarily using AWS ECS but have experience with Kubernetes via EKS
- Service-oriented attitude with a passion for providing an exceptional experience for all customers
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS). All of our infrastructure is in the cloud and we heavily leverage many of AWS’ offerings
- Working knowledge of configuration management frameworks (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and where they fit in an infrastructure management pipeline
- Experience working with Jenkins or similar automation tools. We currently leverage GitHub Actions
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, Go, Ruby)
- Understanding of modern web architecture patterns
- Experience with Git or other distributed SCM systems
- Work closely with the technology teams to enable them to iterate safely and quickly
- Provide guidance on architecture patterns, investigate new technologies and roll them out in a secure and repeatable manner
- Work closely within the DevOps team to understand our implemented patterns
- Take part in our weekly on-call support rotation
- Provide troubleshooting and support for existing systems
- Write documentation and provide in-person guidance for building, monitoring, and maintaining our infrastructure
Technologies We Use
- AWS Infrastructure as a Service and Higher level services
- Hashicorp Terraform
- Docker (ECS and Kubernetes)
- Python, Bash, Go
- Datadog for Infrastructure monitoring, APM, Tracing and Log Aggregation
- Amazon Linux
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Generous benefits package including unmetered PTO and employer-sponsored healthcare options
- 401k program with company match (for eligible employees)
- Employer sponsorship for professional development
- Access to virtual medical care, dedicated benefit concierge, employer-sponsored tax preparation services, and more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
NYDIG is a leading technology and financial services firm dedicated to Bitcoin.