System Programmer (Embedded Linux)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
OUR MISSION: Bitcoin is the hardest money ever invented and our mission is to continuously solve the biggest problems faced by BTC miners while keeping the ethos of Bitcoin alive in the mining industry.
Nowadays, Asic miners are the only efficient way to mine Bitcoin. To make mining even more efficient, we develop our own firmware based on OpenWrt/LEDE with mining software written in RUST.
We are looking for somebody who’s capable of building with Python, Unix shell (Bash), Linux and C (C++ is not necessary). From the beginning, it will be mainly about scripting and maintaining the Linux distribution with a little automated testing.
If you are not afraid of challenges and are familiar with Linux and RUST, we want you!
WHAT AWAITS YOU HERE?
- Linux - development takes place primarily on computers with Linux distribution (Debian, Ubuntu, ...). It is not assumed that you would work on another system.
- Python - in the current project it is one of the two primary languages. You should have Python knowledge at a higher level because we use it for building the entire distribution and managing integration tests.
- Bash - this language is not our priority and most of the time we do not use it, but it is supported by the built-in Linux distribution so we expect some knowledge from you(grep, sed, awk, ...).
- Lua - some parts of the OpenWrt/LEDE system are written in Lua and it is better if you are at least familiar with this language and will not be surprised if you encounter it.
- C - there will not be any future development in this language, but you should know it at least at the level of understanding the code.
- Docker - you do not have to actively use this technology, but should have an idea of its existence and be ready to use it.
- PyCharm / CLion - only recommended, not required. It does not prevent anyone from using any development tool.
- Gdb - knowledge of general principles and the ability to debug applications on a remote system using a gdb server.
- Git (GitLab, GitHub) - used for versioning and managing source code. You should be familiar with Pull/Merge Request Policy and Code Review.
- Cross-compilations - general knowledge of translation issues for different architectures (ARM).
- Embedded protocols - basic overview of communication protocols GPIO, I2C, SPI, USART and their use in Linux at the application level. The advantage is an understanding of their functioning at the kernel level, where occasional intervention in their functioning is expected.
- JTAG / Logic Analyzer - HW debugging capability is welcome, but not required.
- FPGA - Knowing that this technology exists is sufficient.
- Programming in Python, Unix shell (Bash), Linux and C (C++ is not necessary). From the beginning, it will be mainly about scripting and maintaining the Linux distribution with a little automated testing.
- Experience with Rust language
WHAT WE OFFER TO YOU:
- Full-time position with flexible working hours. We are mainly interested in the results and not how many hours you will have worked.
- Working in house to start (it is also possible to work remotely, after sufficient training).
- Work on long-term projects in an interesting area of cryptocurrencies.
- Modern offices in the center of Prague, Czech Republic — the heart of Europe.
- Many corporate benefits from company breakfast to the Multisport card and more :)
WE WILL LOVE YOU EVEN MORE IF...
- You are interested in Bitcoins or have active experience with them.
- You are interested in new technologies and development procedures.
- You are interested in stock trading.
- You have a sense of humor and you and you love memes :)
If you like request analysis, designing solutions, and software development, feel free to reach us. We will be happy to meet you. :)
More about Braiins: braiins.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Pushing the BTC mining industry forward with software mining solutions: Slush Pool (world's 1st BTC mining pool); Braiins OS+ (autotuning firmware for...