Unchained Capital is a financial services company serving long-term bitcoin holders. At Unchained Capital, our mission is to help our clients achieve unprecedented financial freedom and control. Unchained products include originating loans backed by bitcoin, providing multi-signature vaults utilizing collaborative custody, and buying bitcoin directly to vaults with keys that you control.
The Compliance Manager will be an integral part of the finance and compliance team, will initially report to the CFO, until a Chief Compliance Officer is onboarded, and will work cross-functionally with the operations teams of Unchained Capital. The Compliance Manager will oversee and manage Unchained Capital’s day-to-day compliance issues and ensure that the organization is in compliance with currently applicable AML, lending, and other regulatory requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; Develop corrective action plans for resolution of any identified issues, and provide general guidance avoidance of similar situations in the future;
- Responsible for interpreting current and evolving state and federal banking and lending laws, implementing compliant policies and procedures, and determining regulatory requirements of new financial offerings by the company;
- Develop and implement compliance audit testing;
- Mange external audits and remediations;
- Collaborate with other departments as needed to ensure compliance issues are addressed, investigated, resolved and once resolved, continually adhered to in practice;
- Work with executives to respond state and federal agency inquiries and complaints;
- Oversee internal compliance reviews and manage outside auditors, as needed;
- Work with Human Resources to develop effective compliance training programs, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers; and
- Provide reports to senior management regarding the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
Education, experience, licensing and other requirements
- At least some knowledge of bitcoin, with a demonstrated passion and commitment to learning more
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in regulatory compliance experience with a financial services firm
- Strong technical understanding of the financial services regulatory environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient understanding of the internal audit processes
- Prior experience communicating with regulators
- Experience in the financial services industry
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The first Bitcoin native financial services company offering collaborative multisig vaults, loans, and buy bitcoin OTC. Not your keys, not your coins.