Chief Technology Officer - CTO
Zion is a decentralized social network built on Bitcoin, designed to facilitate the free and open flow of content and payments between creative people and their audiences. Zion leverages the functionality of the Lightning Network, the “Layer 2” scaling solution built on top of the Bitcoin blockchain. Nodes connected to the network route high volumes of instant micropayments directly between peers, without relying on facilitation or custody from a third party. Zion’s protocol integrates transactions of content, which are encrypted just like money. The network enables the seamless transfer of micropayments between creators and their fans as a way to recognize high-quality content and reward meaningful contributions to a community.
We are looking to hire a CTO. This person will be working closely with our CEO to collaborate on full lifecycle product development. The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with at least 5 years of experience in a rapidly growing business environment. This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible, open-minded and output driven with a strong sense of ownership. Meetings and planning are important but we are strong believers that at the end of the day, execution makes market impact.
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) responsibilities
- Managing the company's technological plans.
- Overseeing data security and management.
- Maintaining a company's network across LND.
- Envisioning how different forms of technology will be used throughout the company.
- Researching ways the company's technological assets can be improved.
- Creating networking safeguards that prevent security breaches and keep client information confidential.
- Assessing whether new technologies are appropriate for the company to use.
- Ensuring technologies currently in use are efficient and making changes wherever necessary.
- Organize the full lifecycle of mechanical design, collaborate with creative design team to realize the platform design and evaluate the product feasibility;
- Act as a bridge between the CEO and our international engineering teams;
- Create outline designs for product roadmap;
- Build design guideline, reliability testing standard together with international engineering team;
- Analyze budget and scope of project;
- Collect observations from operators and feedback from users;
- Create product reports and documentation.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in consumer product industry;
- Understandingd of Bitcoin core & Lightning architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science;
- Fluency in English is a must, multilingual abilities is a plus;
- Solid understanding of programs and tools including
- Interest in consumer tech;
- A strong bias-to-action and used to getting things done in short timeframe;
- Good communication skills, able to get buy-in from stakeholders within the company;
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with changing environments as well as multiple overlapping projects;
- Last but not least, enjoy the hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Zion is a decentralized social network built on Bitcoin, designed to facilitate the free and open flow of content and payments between creative people...