Lead Software Developer
Lead Software Developer
Riot Blockchain, Inc. (Nasdaq: RIOT)
Job Location – Austin, Texas
Riot Blockchain is one of the few Nasdaq-listed public Bitcoin mining and hosting companies in the United States. Riot’s strategic focus is expanding its Bitcoin mining operations, through industrial-scale infrastructure development at its Whinstone facility in Rockdale, Texas, and latest generation miner procurement. Riot’s self-mining fleet is currently being upgraded to approximately 81,000 next-generation Bitcoin miners. Riot has plans to continue increasing its hash rate capacity to exceed 7.7 exahash per second by the end of 2022.
You will be leading Riot’s software development and integration team. You will be architecting, designing, building, and deploying software solutions for Riot’s internal control systems. Depending on the size of the projects, we may be hiring junior developers or contractors to work below you. A large portion of the job will include project management, and integrating pre-existing software solutions, either by yourself or by managing outside consultants. You must be meticulous with a strong mind for scalable software architecture and thorough documentation that meets auditing standards.
Key attributes we are looking for:
You are interested in Bitcoin and being involved in the sector. You are creative, innovative, and strive to improve organizational efficiency. You have strong communication skills and can multi-task. You identify problems and solve them. You value small teams because of the opportunity they provide for you to make a difference. You take initiative and you are self-sufficient. You are detail-focused and have an eye for making a professional corporate image.
- As part of your role, you will be expected to bring features through the entire software development lifecycle. You will then work with your team in contributing, reviewing, testing, and instrumenting elegant solutions to challenging problems.
- Lead development of information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Manage multiple projects, both software development, and operations-based.
- Manage a team of developer(s) to assist with the development of software solutions.
- Manage external consultants hired to set up networking and other IT-related infrastructure within Riot’s offices and mining facilities as needed.
- Integrate ticketing software into Riot’s existing control infrastructure.
- Develop automated jobs using bash scripting.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Develops, reviews, and tests code to satisfy the requirements and see them through the entire lifecycle process from start to finish
- Lead the architecture organization in developing a POC or MVP in order to prove out ideas or to relieve pressure on the normal development organization, often involving coding yourself or a member of the software team.
- Serve as an architect on our most complex, cross-functional projects.
- Strong business mindset, with establishing internal effectiveness by designing scripts and tools to establish a best-in-class system.
- Design proposals, internal and external control processes for the organization including subsidiaries
- Communicate technical designs in writing and in-person to multiple technical audiences
- Our team is highly collaborative, and you'll also have the chance to provide feedback on everything from culture to architecture and team operations and the overall product.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in object-oriented software development
- Bachelor’s and/or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Full-stack development skills (80% backend, 20% frontend)
- Project management experience working within engineering software
- Proficiency in Linux-based operating systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficient in Git or other version control systems
- Experience in cryptocurrency-related project development
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency mining fundamentals
- Knowledge of SoX controls policies and procedures
- Open-source project development experience
- Experience in Slack and/or Monday integrations
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Riot Blockchain Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please email email@example.com for additional information.
Riot Blockchain Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.