This is a rare opportunity to join a respected and rapidly growing Bitcoin-based business.
Bitrefill is currently the world's largest crypto e-commerce site. Every day, thousands of people all over the world use our services to buy gift cards, pay their bills or buy mobile refills. Our mission is to allow people to live on cryptocurrency as easily as possible, with no bank or exchange account required.
We’ve come a long way already, on super-low resources and built a solid reputation within our niche. We intend to leverage this to grow into the next Bitcoin business everyone is talking about. That’s why we are now looking for a Regulatory/Compliance Associate to join our team full time.
As our Regulatory/Compliance Associate, you will work directly with the Head of Legal and the rest of the team in developing and implementing AML procedures and controls in accordance with the applicable legislation, train the team, and assist in transaction monitoring, to ensure that the Bitrefill platform remains a staple of credibility in the crypto market. The task is challenging - Bitrefill is in multiple markets, touches upon many jurisdictions, and is a privacy-first business - and will provide you with opportunities to grow and take responsibility.
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal AML controls and procedures;
- Develop and implement an internal AML training program for the team;
- Monitor customer transactions for compliance;
- Analyze regulatory requests, identify potential issues, and provide compliance support to respond and resolve regulatory issues;
- Prepare and submit regulatory agency applications, reports, or correspondence;
- Coordinate internal reviews, investigations, and responses to compliance authorities or business partners;
- Communicate regulatory information to multiple departments and ensure information is interpreted accurately;
- Assist the Legal department where needed.
- Be hungry to learn, fast to execute, do a lot with little, and care strongly about our vision, product and users
- Be a team player and a good friend who will contribute to our unpretentious culture
Skills and experience:
- BA in Law, Finance, or a related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience at a financial institution or cryptocurrency business
- Strong writing, research, and analytical skills
- Familiarity with AML legislation in the US and/or EU
It’s a plus if you also:
- Have an AML certification (CAMS; ICA, etc.)
- Crypto/blockchain familiarity is good, but not a requirement - we’ll teach you what you need to know, but you need to have a passion for the movement.
- To become part of a talented team with high ambitions for a world where Bitcoin is money for everyday use
- A challenging workplace and a great education when it comes to everything involving cryptocurrency
- Fully remote work from anywhere in the world or an office located centrally in Stockholm
- Pandemics allowing, a team retreat and get together twice each year (at a warm location during winter and in Stockholm during the Fall)
- Competitive salary and compensation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Live on crypto