Riot Blockchain, Inc. (Nasdaq: RIOT)
Job Location - Costa Mesa, CA
Riot Blockchain is one of the few Nasdaq-listed public Bitcoin mining and hosting companies in the United States. Riot’s strategic focus is expanding and efficiently operating its Bitcoin mining operations, through industrial-scale infrastructure development at its Whinstone facility in Rockdale, Texas, and latest-generation miner procurement. Riot’s self-mining fleet is currently being upgraded to approximately 81,000 next-generation Bitcoin miners. Riot has plans to continue increasing its hash rate capacity to exceed 7.7 exahash per second by the end of 2022.
- Work with individual departments to prepare budgets and consolidate them into the overall corporate budget
- Dive deeply into financial data and become a subject matter expert to provide additional insights
- Prepare internal reports for executive leadership in supporting their decision making
- Create presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
- Create, update, and maintain financial models and detailed forecasts
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and track KPI (key performance indicators)
- Track landscape of Bitcoin mining competitors
- Review publicly filed documents, 10Q’s, 10K’s, etc., of publicly traded Bitcoin mining competitors
- Track competitor’s KPI including – Cost to mine, G&A, Cost of Capital, ROI, ROC, etc.
- Support M&A thorough evaluation of potential acquisition targets.
- Support investor relations team with ad hoc analysis, assist in the preparation of corporate presentations and earnings calls
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years of experience in finance. (Experience with a public company is a plus.)
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for building.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with strong attention to detail.
- High emotional intelligence, with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Compensation commensurate with experience.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Riot Blockchain Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Riot Blockchain Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.