Product Designer (remote option)
At Unchained Capital, our mission is to help bitcoin holders achieve unprecedented financial freedom and control. Unchained products include originating loans backed by bitcoin, and providing multi-signature vaults utilizing collaborative custody. We’re looking for a Product Designer to make multisig self-custody simpler for non-technical users.
The Product Designer position at Unchained Capital offers a unique opportunity to build solutions to problems where there are few to no comps. One of the biggest challenges in bitcoin is obtaining, maintaining, and using your own private keys. Your job is to design financial services solutions that are intuitive and delightful that come with the challenge of customers holding their own private keys. This is a highly creative role where you’ll be able to attack problems from first principles, and be involved in setting the design direction for our entire web presence. In this role you’ll work with a talented and experienced engineering team along with product and marketing leaders to delight bitcoiners around the world.
You’ll have the opportunity to do a lot at Unchained. You can expect in your first year:
- First Month: Get onboarded and learn about your team’s current plans. You’ll spend a lot of time with the engineering team, product managers, peers on design, and internal stakeholders understanding our biggest design challenges, and loftiest goals. While learning is the focus, we’re moving fast and you can expect your first contributions to ship in the first month.
- Next 3 Months: You’ll acquire a deep understanding of customer needs and how design can lead the charge in solving some of the hardest problems in bitcoin. You’ll contribute to product plans and specifications, and work on building out our design system and component library with other designers on the team. You’ll be firmly focused on a specific product line (custody, buy bitcoin, loans, onboarding and growth).
- Next 8 Months: You’ll make your mark on massive novel design challenges in the bitcoin and financial services space. You’ll have your fingerprints on our product plans, product strategy, and will be making significant contributions on your product team and to the design system as a whole.
What you’ll do:
- Design high quality visuals, interactions and workflows for core products.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers on roadmap and project planning.
- Work with other designers in creating our design system and component library for consistency throughout our application(s).
- Maintain relationships with customers and potential customers to help solve novel UX problems.
- Help shephard projects from MVPs to robust functionality while maintaining the overall information architecture and design standards as we rapidly iterate.
What we want to see:
- Minimum 4 years experience in web design
- A deep understanding of bitcoin and familiarity with existing bitcoin wallets/applications
- Evidence of high-quality visual designs
- Excellent remote/telecommuting skills. Even if you work from our Austin office, many of your team members will be remote
Not to mention, you’ll be working alongside the most talented, passionate, and hard-working people in our industry!
Unchained Capital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and do not discriminate based on race, gender, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The first Bitcoin native financial services company offering collaborative multisig vaults, loans, and buy bitcoin OTC. Not your keys, not your coins.