Senior Cloud Infrastructure / Security Engineer (SRE)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Swan is a Bitcoin-only company focused on Bitcoin education and onboarding, and we want to hire passionate Bitcoiners that want to work with a self-motivated, fully distributed startup team.
Swan is hiring for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure / Security Engineer (SRE). The ideal person will have broad experience with AWS and infrastructure automation to help our team build secure, auditable infrastructure as code.
We’re looking for a strong background in infrastructure engineering with a demonstrated ability and eagerness to learn, lead, and take ownership.
Here are some things that will help you succeed here:
- Familiarity with AWS Well Architected Framework and/or experience building infrastructure with security in mind
- Familiarity and expertise in OWASP, CIS Benchmarks, etc
- Senior level experience with terraform.
Here are some of the tools you would be using
- Terraform - we're backporting infra created by hand into terraform using the terraforming gem and some elbow grease. The goal is to get a fully auditable and replicable infrastructure completely in terraform. Our terraform code is automatically run through Checkov for security auditing.
- CircleCI for automating all the things.
- Serverless - we use AWS lambdas for microservices using the Serverless framework Beanstalk - We currently run on EC2/Beanstalk but we'd like to explore Docker/ECS as a path forward to less dependency on our underlying instances.
Here’s a bit about our culture:
- We’re a small team and we’re fully distributed across the world. Slack and video conferencing are huge here. We’re flexible on hours.
- Leadership is desired and encouraged. We’re very flat and we love to hire people who care about the product as much as they do about the code.
- We’re pragmatic and ship quickly, but we write good code, we cover with tests, and we refactor.
- We don’t do lots of process, deadlines, and planning, but we do have a culture of high bandwidth communication, course correction, and real-time decision making.
- We are Bitcoiners through and through. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, produce content for the Swan Signal blog or live show and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bitcoin investing made easy