- Playya is a Bitcoin-native game studio + publisher. We believe that gaming is increasingly becoming the crucible of culture and will soon go to the next level - providing players & creators with more agency, ownership and better incentives. We also believe that the Bitcoin ecosystem should aspire to be the dominant habitat for emerging gaming models & economics. In that spirit, Playya is committed to produce original games with unique economics backed by Bitcoin as well as shepherding other game studios in the Bitcoin blockchain space & community.
- We are currently assembling the tech leadership team that will spearhead the development of our first projects on the sidechain layer. As the CTO you will be responsible for the technical vision and architecture of assets issuance & dedicated smart contracts. You will develop and execute the technology strategy of the company in line with the company’s business strategy, and with a focus on scalability, reliability, security and profitability.
- Technical leadership and management of the sidechain implementation (Liquid, custom Elements and/or RSK).
- Technical leadership in researching tokenization of in-game assets as well as custom built smart contracts
- Spend 30%-50% of your time on hands on development activities with the engineering team
- Implement best practices and guideline to continually improve performance, scalability and security, and to minimize current and future technical debt
- Advise team on code quality, technical decisions and accompany them during the realization of concepts, both functional and technical
- Work with product and delivery management to continually refine methodologies
- Mentor and provide feedback to engineers
- Prototype and research new technologies related to assets issuance, smart contracts etc. within the Bitcoin ecosystem.
- Be a Bitcoiner at heart and always be learning
- Senior leadership experience in the gaming industry and/or high velocity transactional environment
- Proven understanding of front-end and back-end web development technologies and principles
- Object-oriented programming, and SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Test driven development (unit tests, end to end, etc)
- Designing, implementing, and using APIs (RESTful, Websocket, RPC, etc.)
- Web application frameworks (Django, RoR, Flask, etc.)
- User Experience Design (e.g. mockups, wireframes, CSS)
- Cache and Search (e.g. memcached, redis, ElasticSearch)
- Linux system administration
- Design of scalable, distributed back-end architectures
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Previous role as a CTO in an early stage technology company
- Experience in Bitcoin programming
- Experience in Game development
- 8 - 10 years of relevant experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Changing the Game with Bitcoin