Customer Support Associate
Job Description - Customer Support Associate
We’re here to introduce the world to Bitcoin. Fold makes it easy to earn bitcoin, instead of airline miles and hotel points, on everyday purchases via our mobile app and the Fold Card, a general purpose reloadable prepaid debit card. We’re growing like crazy with a loyal (and loud!) community which has generated a lot of buzz (Fortune, Bloomberg).
We are looking to hire a Customer Support team member with experience to identify and handle suspicious accounts or fraudulent transactions in a fintech setting. The successful candidate will answer related support tickets, act as an escalation point and collaborate with the backend team to enhance fraud prevention infrastructure. The ideal candidate should thrive working in a fast paced, startup environment and be excited about Fold’s mission and potential. The person joining us must be comfortable with a team-first approach in a remote work environment.
How You’ll Have an Impact On Customer Support
- Passion and excitement about working in the Bitcoin space
- Off-the-charts empathy with exceptional emotional intelligence
- The ability to coordinate many moving parts (and operational follow through)
- Urgency, motivation and a “self-starter” attitude: you are not satisfied until the job is done, and done well
- The ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment
- Creative and independent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience serving as a primary customer service agent for a high-volume company, using a variety of communication platforms
- Availability to maintain a steady shift schedule each week to ensure continuity of support for our customers
- Flexibility and the ability to grow as we’re scaling at hyper speed
- The ideal candidate is interested in
- Serving as the primary contact for Fold customers
- Developing a deep understanding of the community of Fold users
- Quickly, politely, and adeptly solving any customer issue
- Maintaining detailed records of customer feedback and communication
- Upholding our spirit of collaboration
Why We’ll Love You
- You have a demonstrated passion for customer service, and take pride in delivering exceptional customer support experiences
- You like to have fun, and want to be part of a team that is building an innovative product
- You are able to balance the optimism and pragmatism that are required to work in that environment
- You’re intellectually curious, comfortable rolling up your sleeves to find solutions and learn new things, with a focus on supporting the growth of the company
- You’re excited about our mission, and by the thought of disrupting legacy business models in the industry
- You have the drive to initiate and follow through on projects with little oversight, and the grit to work through obstacles while collaborating with the team
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams to achieve shared goals
- You excel in communicating, as it is crucial to the smooth operation of our distributed team
Why You’ll Love Us
- We’re a highly collaborative, fully remote team
- Generous benefits, including health, vision and dental insurance
- Unlimited time off policy - we trust you to manage your own time
- Paid parental leave
- Company retreats and onsites (at least, after COVID)
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Interested in the position, but don’t meet all the requirements? We’d still love to meet you, and invite you to apply. Fold is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate against applicants for any reason.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Earn bitcoin on everything.