Backend / Bitcoin Engineer
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join the Hoseki Engineering team working on our core products. You will work directly with engineers and project managers to execute on product and system specifications.
We are building our core team and, as a result, there is tremendous opportunity for growth and leadership.
What you will be doing:
- Be an early and core team member of an exciting and rapidly growing Bitcoin startup!
- Architect and develop core products that support the hoseki applications and API
- Set standards for backend functionality, accessibility, usability, and consistency throughout the infrastructure
- Work with the product and engineering teams to set timelines and deliverables
- Write high-quality, tested code
- Participate in code-reviews
- Help define the engineering culture at Hoseki
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- DevOps experience, using Docker, CI services, and infrastructure as code to perform safe, zero-downtime deployments.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS
- Understanding of NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, and Redis, and concurrency control patterns.
- Experience with messaging technologies such as SQS, Kafka, or NATS and idioms such as fan-out and request-reply.
- Experience implementing robust and well-designed REST, JSON:API, or GraphQL APIs.
- Relentless attention to infosec best practices.
Benefits: Equity compensation, competitive salary. Health, dental, vision insurance.
Nice to have:
- Fintech experience
- Interest in Bitcoin
About the company:
hoseki is a well-funded, early stage, Bitcoin startup that is building core infrastructure for the Bitcoin economy out of Austin, TX. Come build a better future with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
infrastructure for a Bitcoin Standard.