Galoy aspires to be a leading Bitcoin banking infrastructure company. We build open-source software that enables communities and institutions to connect to and offer financial services on Bitcoin and Lightning.
Our mission is to make it easy for communities and enterprises around the world to use Bitcoin as money. The first deployment of Galoy software is the Bitcoin Beach Wallet, our proof of concept in El Salvador.
The wallet was launched in 2020 to support the adoption of Bitcoin and Lightning in El Zonte. When Bitcoin became legal tender in El Salvador in 2021, the Bitcoin Beach Wallet and the Bitcoin Beach project gained worldwide recognition as proof that Bitcoin can be used as a medium of exchange.
Now, we’re looking for the right people to join us in helping to bring Bitcoin to a billion users by connecting more communities and institutions to the network.
About the Role:
We're hiring a full-time experience designer to help shape our brand, amplify our visibility and hone our user experiences across all touchpoints and channels. If you have a strong track record of designing and launching modern, user-centric digital experiences combined with an orange-pilled obsession for helping scale Bitcoin adoption around the world, we want to hear from you.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has fallen into the rabbit hole and is looking for a way to help accelerate global Bitcoin adoption and education
- Has proven success across design execution and design leadership
- Take ownership over and pride in developing a visual aesthetic for Galoy, including brand assets across logo, colors, fonts and design patterns
- Develop and maintain guidelines and templates for assets to be used across the website, social media, presentation decks, conference materials and more
- Produce visual assets on an ongoing basis on quick turnaround times
- Ability to create wireframes, prototypes and blueprints for sites, mobile apps and services
- Work alongside the marketing team to continuously evolve and improve our website
- Design visual assets, layouts and interactions for mobile applications
- Storyboard and produce motion graphics, animations and/or videos
- Create work that is in alignment with the Bitcoin community and its general principles
- Conduct user research to inform and iterate on the interactions you’re designing
- Participate in and share learnings from the Bitcoin Design community
- Ability to work remotely across time zones
- Ability to work in self-directed and fast-paced environment
- Proficient in modern UX and design principles
- Has put in significant time learning about Bitcoin and the Lightning Network
- Proficient in the latest tools for design, video editing and animation
- Experience designing for mobile applications
- Familiarity with marketing technology tools: content management systems, email marketing tools, CRM, paid display and search advertising
- Familiarity with important website development practices such as search engine optimization, information architecture and accessibility
- High level understanding of security practices related to web development
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
If you're interested in this opportunity:
- Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our Slack channel and say hello to Andrew Begin and Kemal
We pay in Bitcoin, but we’re willing to pay in Fiat if necessary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Open source Bitcoin Banking for communities