Director, AML/CTF and Sanctions Compliance (remote option)
At Unchained Capital, our mission is to build a bitcoin native ecosystem that ensures everyone can secure and maximize the value of their bitcoin holdings over multiple generations. Our goal is to be a full suite services provider, building on a foundation of bitcoin custody where clients hold their own bitcoin keys. In addition to custody, our services include lending (loan backed by bitcoin), buying bitcoin directly to vaults with keys controlled by clients, concierge onboarding and retirement products.
The Director of AML/CTF and Sanctions Compliance is Unchained Capital’s Deputy BSA Officer and an integral part of the compliance team. You will report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer, and you will work cross-functionally with operations, client services, product management, and engineering teams. You will be responsible for Unchained Capital’s day-to-day anti-money laundering (AML), counter terrorist finance (CTF), and economic sanctions compliance program, ensuring we are in compliance with all applicable AML, CTF, and sanctions requirements. As a senior leader at Unchained Capital, you will also be a valued member of the Leadership Team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Have day-to-day responsibility for Unchained Capital’s AML/CTF and sanctions program and help set the strategy and outlook for the program
- Manage a team of AML/CTF and sanctions analysts
- Identify potential areas of compliance risk, develop corrective action plans for resolution of any identified issues, and provide guidance for similar situations in the future
- Interpret current and evolving state and federal laws, regulations, and policies, and provide compliance requirements for new products and services
- Own the enterprise AML/CTF and sanctions policy, including reviewing and updating the policy when necessary
- Drive the AML/CTF and sanctions risk assessment process
- Develop and implement an AML/CTF and sanctions compliance testing program, including audit and audit remediation
- Collaborate with other departments as needed to ensure compliance issues are addressed, investigated, resolved and once resolved, continually adhered to in practice
- Work with executives to respond to state and federal agency inquiries and complaints
- Develop effective AML/CTF and sanctions compliance training programs, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training
- Provide reports to senior management regarding the operation and progress of compliance efforts
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- 7+ years experience in AML/CTF and sanctions compliance with a financial services company
- Experience building and developing engaged teams
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. CAMS, CFCS, CFE)
- Strong technical understanding of the financial services regulatory environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient understanding of the internal audit process
- Experience communicating with regulators and policymakers
- At least some knowledge of bitcoin, with a demonstrated passion and commitment to learning more
- Experience building AML/CTF programs in a startup environment
- Direct experience with regulatory policymaking
In addition to competitive pay, Unchained offers best-in-class benefits including:
- Bonus plan, 401k, and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Training & development opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
Not to mention, you’ll be working alongside the most talented, passionate, and hard-working people in our industry!
Unchained Capital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and do not discriminate based on race, gender, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The first Bitcoin native financial services company offering collaborative multisig vaults, loans, and buy bitcoin OTC. Not your keys, not your coins.