Director of Engineering
WHO WE ARE
Casa is the safest place for your bitcoin. We help people around the world secure their bitcoin while holding their own private keys, without the headache and anxiety about losing their funds. Through our intuitive design, robust security, and expert client service, we give our customers the peace of mind that their bitcoin is safe—for themselves and their families.
Casa is looking for a Director of Engineering, reporting to the CEO. In this role, you will help us scale and transform our engineering team in a fast-paced environment. You will play a central role in growing our team, defining and leading engineering best practices, and helping Casa effectively scale our processes as we work to make use of private keys the standard for individuals everywhere.
What you'll do
- Design and implement an engineering team structure that will allow us to scale our team quickly and effectively
- Stay ahead of typical scaling problems that teams run into as they grow, ensuring team communication, efficiency, and satisfaction remain best in class
- Work with the Director of People to grow the engineering team and help Casa achieve its product development goals
- Work closely with company leadership to set engineering department goals and KPIs that support company strategy; effectively communicate those goals to the team to provide a “why” for everything we do
- Collaborate with the Product Team to build excellent products and client experiences
- Ship products, data, tools, and services on time and with high quality, both to internal and external customers
- Deliver regular updates and analysis to management and leadership team on the progress of development cycles
- Facilitate an engineering culture that attracts, retains, and develops top talent
Who you are
- 10+ years of software development experience
- A minimum of 5+ years as a people manager
- Experience leading full-stack development, setting direction, road-mapping, and carefully prioritizing technical debt and new ideas
- Well developed technical expertise gained by building well designed, secure, and reliable consumer web and mobile products
- You pause, listen and collaborate well cross-functionally and with geographically distributed teams
- You have a gift for providing clarity from complexity and distilling communication to its essence for your team
What we offer you
- Ownership. Every employee is an owner at Casa.
- Remote Company. Travel/live from wherever! We are a remote company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy, take the time you need!
- The Basics. Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company Product Discounts
Casa is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
e help people around the world secure their bitcoin while holding their own private keys, without the headache and anxiety about losing their funds.