Miner Maintenance Technician
Who We Are:
We are a large bitcoin mining operation in the Austin area and we are growing fast! At Rhodium, we foster an environment of collaboration, collective decision making and personal motivation. As our most important asset, our team members mean everything to us. We treat one another like family, and we approach each day as if the company were our own. We are driven and we show up for each other every day. We show grace and we are self-aware. We are radically transparent and strongly believe in a direct approach to problem solving. We truly believe that if we strive for these traits as a standard, then we all win together.
The most successful candidates for a position at Rhodium possess strong critical thinking skills and enjoy problem solving. They are generally flexible regarding scheduling, planning and workflow and are excited for the opportunity to learn. Our most promising team members have flexed their strengths in ways that show leadership, emotional intelligence, and initiative, while keeping the best interests of the entire Rhodium Family at heart.
The Miner Maintenance Technician a key starting block for the organization. They will learn the tools of the trade for being the key technicians in our operation. They will work side-by-side with the Site manager and other Miner Maintenance Technicians to learn how to keep miners repaired and online, how to operate the mining infrastructure, and how to troubleshoot in emergencies...
- Highly organized and enjoys creating systems and improving them for the benefit of the team.
- Software skills and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Self-starter and evidence of self-management, take initiative and don’t wait to be told what to do.
- Positive attitude – prefers to see the opportunities for improvement instead of focusing on
- what’s wrong and who is to blame for it.
- Flexible with schedule – Willing to respond to emergencies, including coming in at off hours or during days off.
- Team mentality – ability to understand and prioritize the things that benefit the team and organization.
- Desire/excitement to learn new things, especially technology related.
- Emotional maturity with co-workers, managers, external partners + ability to handle sensitive information.
Experience, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Setup and Diagnose mining machines
- Use software suite to change settings and assess issues with miners
- Work with internet network equipment and identify potential connection issues
- RMA station – Identify errors with miners, physically repair and update software on machines
- Physical labor, often in high heat situations.
- Setup new mining systems, including unboxing and power/ethernet.
- Light networking tasks, including setting static IPs or reprograming network switches.
- Operate scissor lifts and follow safety protocols.
- Interact respectfully with Whinstone team and other vendor teams, including foreman and Whinstone management
- Daily reporting to help track mining results and service progress to the Assistant Project Manager and the Project Director
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Trust the Awesomeness!