QA Engineer (Automation)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Unchained Capital, our mission is to help bitcoin holders achieve unprecedented financial freedom and control. Unchained products include originating loans backed by bitcoin, providing multi-signature vaults utilizing collaborative custody, and buying bitcoin directly to vaults with keys that you control. We’re looking for a detail oriented QA Engineer to help us increase product reliability and speed to market, and make multisig self-custody simpler for all bitcoiners.
Do you enjoy creating automated test cases? Do you have a knack for breaking things? Do you simply look at a web application and bugs start falling out? Do you thrive in a complex technical environment focused on operational excellence? Do you want to help build the next generation of bitcoin products? Amazing, then you’re just the person we’re looking for!
The QA Engineer (Automation) position at Unchained Capital offers the opportunity to extend our automated test suite with new test cases and solve complex test automation challenges. Your focus will be primarily on automation but there will also be some manual application testing responsibilities. You will be working within a QA team and with an engineering team whose only goal each release cycle is to make you happy: if QA says something is broken, everyone on our team listens. You will be empowered to make a huge difference in the quality of our product and success of our company. If you are passionate about bitcoin and enjoy creating great customer experiences, all while being a part of a team of brilliant, hard-working, thoughtful, and nice people, we want to hear from you.
You’ll have the opportunity to do a lot at Unchained Capital. You can expect in your first year:
- First Month: Get onboarded and learn about our current roadmap and plans. You’ll spend a lot of time with your engineering colleagues, and the Chief Product Officer to understand our unique challenges in testing, and begging formulating your automation plan.
- Next 3 Months: You’ll be knee deep in implementing your automation plan. You’ll be taking breaks during releases to help out other QA Engineers and teammates.
- Next 8 Months: While you’ll still be executing on our automation plans, you’ll be delving into more exotic use cases involving hardware wallet emulators, helping us test and land major refactors to our transaction model, and being part of the strategic decisions to expand official support of new wallet integrations.
- Contribute to the QA phase of the release cycle
- Transform existing manual test cases into automated integration/e2e tests
- Assist with manual QA testing as needed
- Be an active participant in the product release cycle
- Troubleshoot active integration bugs
- Mastery of:
- Manual QA testing of web applications
- Experience with web application programming
- Impeccable attention to detail and thoroughness
- Ability to think outside of the box and put yourself in our customer’s shoes
- Ability to communicate issues clearly with appropriate context
- Self-motivated team player
- Previous experience at a fast-paced, high-growth stage startup preferred
- Experience with cryptography and bitcoin/blockchains preferred
- Available to work remotely or full-time from our downtown Austin office
- Must be eligible to work in the US
When applying, please send your resume and cover letter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Securing Your Future. Bitcoin Native Financial Services.