Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ZEBEDEE is a payment platform for virtual worlds. We build software developer kits to enable true in-game commerce using globally interoperable digital value protocols. Virtual worlds need the native currency of the internet. With one foot in the gaming industry and another in Fintech - we bridge the divide to the next payment frontier. Come and join us!
Global video gaming and interactive media is a $100bn revenue industry growing at 10%+ per annum, driven by microtransactions. ZEBEDEE allows new types of monetisation models for both game developers and gamers. We are not just another payment service provider. We are building the infrastructure that will enable new types of behaviours and activities in gaming environments using Bitcoin as the payment rail.
The Senior Project/Product Manager role will work directly with the CTO to manage and oversee the many digital products being developed and maintained at ZEBEDEE. You will work closely with our Engineering and Design teams to help execute on product specifications and release deadlines. The Senior Project/Product Manager will be integral in helping scale internal product development operations and will be directly involved in creating and shipping the best products and user-experiences to our users. Responsibilities will be variable, but will typically include:
- Manage the project(s) lifecycle including gathering requirements, writing and prioritizing user stories, identifying and escalating risks, and overseeing deadlines.
- Collaborate closely with CTO, other product managers, engineers, designers, and any external partners to deliver projects on time.
- Maintain an overall project schedule and roadmap.
- Initiate and lead all appropriate project meetings.
- Regularly communicate progress, issues, and risks to relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain a deep understanding of team/staff strengths and bandwidth, and help CTO in delegating project work accordingly.
- Be self-motivated, self-aware, and eager to learn.
- 3-6 years of Project Management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to lead via influence, patience, and determination.
- Strong problem-solving skills to preempt obstacles and conflicts.
- Extensive experience defining and reporting on metrics to support project and organizational goals.
- Ability to stay focused and figure out next steps with moving timelines.
- Exceptional Scrum/Agile project management skills, including the ability to blend/adapt processes based on specific projects’ needs.
- Highly proficient in Google Suite, Dropbox/GDrive, issue-tracking tools (Linear, Jira, Trello, etc).
- Familiar with Figma, Invision or similar design tools.
- Broad understanding of technical concepts (components/APIs/data-fetching/etc).
Things we would love to see in an ideal candidate:
- Bitcoin & Lightning Network knowledge
- Prior work experience in gaming/digital payments industries
Competitive with employee stock option bonuses.
Decentralized / Remote Environment
ZEBEDEE is a fully remote working company. We seek to hire the best talent from around the world, wherever you may live.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Virtual Payments for Virtual Worlds