Fullstack Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ZEBEDEE is a payment platform for virtual worlds. We build software developer kits to enable true in-game commerce using globally interoperable digital value protocols. Virtual worlds need the native currency of the internet. With one foot in the gaming industry and another in Fintech - we bridge the divide to the next payment frontier. Come and join us!
Global video gaming and interactive media is a $100bn revenue industry growing at 10%+ per annum, driven by microtransactions. ZEBEDEE allows new types of monetisation models for both game developers and gamers. We are not just another payment service provider. We are building the infrastructure that will enable new types of behaviours and activities in gaming environments using Bitcoin as the payment rail.
We are looking for a Fullstack Software Engineer to join the ZEBEDEE Engineering team working on both consumer-facing digital products and backend platform systems. You will work directly with other engineers, project managers, and designers, to execute on product and system specifications.
Responsibilities will be variable and will depend on the specific project currently being worked on, but will typically include:
- Develop and maintain both internal and consumer-facing applications available in the ZEBEDEE suite of products.
- Work closely with the CTO and other engineering members to help further scale and improve upon the user interfaces of products and services in the platform.
- Write, test, and maintain RESTful APIs.
- Take ownership over the technical direction of some internal applications.
- Create and maintain application-wide testing suites, ensuring maximum reliability of the feature-set.
- Create and maintain UI component systems and write concise, well-organized code and sensible tests.
- Work to solve several technical challenges: ease-of-use, security and privacy, analytics, throughput, re-architecting for the future, etc.
- Work closely with the Bitcoin/Lightning Network team to help provide best user-interfaces for transaction handling and monitoring.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience developing production-ready digital products incorporating testing, and monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency working with relational databases and backend systems.
- Proficiency in styling systems and solutions like Sass, Styled Components, and CSS-in-JS.
- Experience writing internal and external APIs.
- Experience working on and automating testing suites (UI, integration, and end-to-end).
- Knowledge of, and experience working with Bitcoin and Lightning Network software.
- Experience building automated systems for improving team-wide performance and development velocity.
- Experience working in DevOps roles/tasks (automation, developer operations, etc).
Some of the technologies/tools we use at ZEBEDEE:
- LND / Bitcoin Core
- Terraform / AWS
- React / React Native
- Flow / Jest / Enzyme
- Go / Unity / Lua
Competitive with employee stock option bonuses.
Decentralized / Remote Environment
ZEBEDEE is a fully remote working company. We seek to hire the best talent from around the world, wherever you may live.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Virtual Payments for Virtual Worlds