The BTC Times is looking for a senior reporter to join our team of Bitcoin journalists. You will be in charge of finding and reporting on the latest stories that bitcoiners care about. If you have prior experience writing about Bitcoin or in the field of journalism and you're ready to support no-nonsense Bitcoin news, apply!
- Read, read, read. Finding relevant stories and researching recent events will make up a major part of your day.
- Fact-check. You'll be verifying sources, talking to people, and producing reports at the highest level of accuracy. Bitcoiners have high standards — and we want to exceed them.
- Debunk misinformation. There still is a lot of misreporting out there. One of our missions is to set the record straight on misunderstandings and misleading news.
- Be fast. While we value quality above everything else, we are still a news site and operate a newsroom speed. You'll need to able to jump onto new stories, research them, write them, and publish them within a matter of hours (sometimes even less than an hour).
- Work independently. This is a remote position. You will be communicating with our editors online and will be working 100% from home (or wherever you want to work from).
- You have flawless English writing skills. Anything less is not acceptable. Your writing should barely need any editing.
- You have great communication skills. You'll not only be reading and writing all day; you will be talking to people and conducting interviews.
- You're up for a challenge. This is not an easy position. You will be expected to deliver quality content under pressure.
- You're in it for the long term. We want you to become a member of our team — and the future holds lots of opportunities!
- You're a great writer. This goes without saying. Prior newsroom experience is preferred, but if you blow us away with your performance even without journalistic experience, we probably won't say no.
We look forward to meeting you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Cutting Through the Noise.