- Salary: $90,000 - $120,000 (AUD) gross salary inc Super (based on experience)
- Employment type: Full time
- Location: Remote (Team based primarily in Brisbane and East Coast Australia time zones)
- Immediate start available
Why come work at Amber?
Amber is a Brisbane based fin-tech on a mission to empower people on their path to accumulating wealth, by making investing in Bitcoin as easy and accessible as possible. We are on the hunt for a Product Manager to join our crew as we ramp up to take our app (Available on iOS and Android) global. While we are proud of what we’ve been able to achieve with our product thus far, we want to push ourselves and the product further as we prepare to put it in front of millions of more people as we look to launch globally.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to represent the voice of the customer and influence our mission, vision and the high level problems we are solving. We’re looking for someone excited about building a great product, shaping it empirically to empower great decisions and working collaboratively with our leaders and crew of talented designers, developers.
As a company, Amber is in the midst of transitioning from start-up to scale-up and we are fortunate to have a great team of financial backers including Mark Yusko and Anthony Pompliano with Morgan Creek Digital and QUT (Queensland University of Technology) Bluebox.
Our team is driven by a passion for creating solutions that make Bitcoin more accessible and we are hoping to find a Product Manager to join our quest.
At a high level we are looking for a Product Manager who would relish the opportunity to:
- Champion a culture of customer engagement fueled by research and data driven decision making
- Ensure the product roadmap is managed well and stays aligned with our mission and vision
- Positively influence our team to help balance the needs of our customers, our technology stack and our business.
- Collaborate across multiple initiatives including market research, feature design, user testing, information architecture and day to day product development
- Initially take on the day to day responsibilities of product ownership and in time grow the capability of our team to share and manage these where appropriate
- Continually grow and nurture a deeper understanding of Bitcoin including; it's impact on the world, where it is currently in its lifecycle and how our product relates to it.
Day to day this will entail the following responsibilities:
- Perform regular market, customer, competitor research
- Routinely measure and assess product performance including close collaboration with the customer support team
- Organise the analysis of our customer segments, value propositions and product positioning
- Maintain the product roadmap to facilitate clear visibility for both internal and external stakeholders in terms of priorities and design/development status
- Similarly provide the team with direction and guidance concerning the product strategy, roadmap and the priority of problems we are solving
- Create problem definition documentation including any detailed technical requirements or constraints that may inform the solution
- Lead and facilitate discovery and feature design sessions
- Manage and maintain the lean canvas for each major release
- Develop stories and requirements that are clear and broken down into manageable sizes
- Engage with new and existing integration partners to assist in scoping new features and supporting existing features.
- Provide coordination and support to development, marketing and customer support roles during the launch of features
- Research and analyse the key results and performance of features once deployed
- Gather relevant feedback on upcoming features from stakeholders (e.g. legal, finance, marketing, support, etc.)
- Assist in showcasing functionality to stakeholders (e.g. marketing and support) as deliverables are finished and features are prepared for launch
Our vision is that the role leads by championing the product, facilitating product decisions, managing and maintaining the product roadmap and most importantly bringing the team and other stakeholders along on the journey.
When this is all working well the role will have full responsibility for one of the most important aspects of our business, our product. As champion and custodian of this important pillar of the business you will have the opportunity to work closely with all other business functions to shape and guide the company as whole.
Finally, but importantly, we are looking for someone who can use this role to build up our people. Our team is relatively young and we see this role as being crucial to team development and cohesion through the way it creates a clear sense of purpose in what we are trying to achieve and how we go about doing it.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Current experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, Product Analyst or similar
- Interest in guiding a product from its current state as an MVP through to maturity
- Effective communication skills - (User interviews, market research, documentation, workshopping, setting expectations and accountabilities)
- Ability to think analytically and articulate needs from a customer standpoint, extrapolating requirements to adequately cover the given scope so design and development are effectively empowered to implement solutions
- Technical understanding and experience - High level awareness of the processes and technologies involved in building apps including:
- Lean Product Canvas
- Product Analytics
- Development tech stacks (We develop primary with Node.js and React Native)
- Development processes (Release schedules, QA and CICD
- Experience leading cultural growth and development
- Ability to collaboratively gain alignment with key stakeholders, and design and development teams by advocating for customer needs and adjusting problem definitions as needed.
Have a look at our product:
Have a look at why we believe Bitcoin is important:
To apply please submit a cover letter, CV and any relevant links to products or project examples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.