Cryptocurrencies represent the potential to revolutionize the global financial system, yet true institutional adoption is hampered by the limitations of existing consumer-grade products. NYDIG has built a cryptocurrency solution for institutions, providing regulatory compliant services in a form factor that makes crypto feel like any other asset class. Our team is a group of proven innovators with deep domain expertise across finance and technology. We’ve grown rapidly since coming out of stealth mode and manage billions in assets. We’re looking for people to help build the next stage of digital asset adoption in a collaborative, excellence-driven environment.
NYDIG’s business is built on the secure and fully verifiable handling of sensitive information such as customer information, digital asset private keys, and requests that move assets on the Bitcoin blockchain.
An ideal candidate for this role will have experience and a fundamental-level understanding of how cryptography, distributed systems, and proof-of-work schemes interact to form cryptocurrencies, specifically Bitcoin. You’ll apply your skill at creating and maintaining protocol-level code for NYDIG’s custody system and enhance its security, usability, and fault detection. An ideal candidate would understand critical topics in security including deployment of signed binaries, hardware security modules, and Linux system hardening.
- Develop a modern Bitcoin custody system incorporating the latest advances in Bitcoin capabilities (including Taproot, Schnorr, discreet log contracts, etc) with a design that does not compromise security
- Own critical path code that handles digital asset transaction signing including constructing raw blockchain transactions, managing public/private keys, and securely handling cryptographic signatures
- Understand and incorporate future BIPs and make second layer protocols like Lightning Network first class citizens within the design of the custody system.
- Passionate about developing exceptionally resilient systems by applying software engineering best practices, thinking critically during the system design phase, and investing in extensive automated testing
- Professional experience developing systems which leverage the Bitcoin protocol
- 5+ years as a backend developer with experience working across multiple components of a distributed system, ideally using Java, Go or Rust
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a closely related discipline and exceptional professional track record
- Entrepreneurial experience or ability to work effectively autonomously as well as within a larger team
- Hands-on knowledge of non-Bitcoin blockchain technologies and/or second layer protocols like the Lightning Network
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Generous benefits package including unmetered PTO and employer-sponsored healthcare options
- 401k program with company match (for eligible employees)
- Employer sponsorship for professional development
- Access to virtual medical care, dedicated benefit concierge, employer-sponsored tax preparation services, and more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.