Lightning Network Engineer
Cryptocurrencies represent the potential to revolutionize the global financial system, yet true institutional adoption is hampered by the limitations of existing consumer-grade products. NYDIG has built a cryptocurrency solution for institutions, providing regulatory compliant services in a form factor that makes crypto feel like any other asset class. Our team is a group of proven innovators with deep domain expertise across finance and technology. We’ve grown rapidly since coming out of stealth mode and manage billions in assets. We’re looking for people to help build the next stage of digital asset adoption in a collaborative, excellence-driven environment.
NYDIG is a Bitcoin focused financial and technology company with a desire to make bitcoin accessible to all. This includes investing in second layer protocols like the Lightning Network. An ideal candidate for this role has experience with the Lightning Network in a robust production environment and a passion for advancing the reach and capabilities of the network.
- Develop Lightning Network tooling and infrastructure with the goal of easing the adoption of the technology for other financial companies as well as working closely with and integrating into NYDIG’s custody system.
- Collaborate across engineering, compliance, legal, trading and operations to envision modern payment rails usages of the Lightning Network.
- 1+ years professional experience developing on or working with the Lightning Network
- 5+ years as a backend developer with experience working across multiple components of a distributed system, ideally using Java, Go or Rust
- Passionate about developing exceptionally resilient systems by applying software engineering best practices, thinking critically during the system design phase, and investing in extensive automated testing.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a closely related discipline and exceptional professional track record
- Entrepreneurial experience or ability to work effectively autonomously as well as within a larger team
- Hands-on knowledge of applied cryptography and/or non-Bitcoin blockchain technology
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Generous benefits package including unmetered PTO and employer-sponsored healthcare options
- 401k program with company match (for eligible employees)
- Employer sponsorship for professional development
- Access to virtual medical care, dedicated benefit concierge, employer-sponsored tax preparation services, and more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.